Little River Holdings Careers
Little River Holdings LLC takes great pride in serving the LRBOI Membership and community and we are always seeking outstanding individuals who wish to do the same. New opportunities are updated regularly, so please check back often.
Help build the future of the LRBOI while building your career. Contribute to strengthening the tribal economy and advancing the broader economic and community development goals of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians. Be part of the vision for the next seven generations, be part of the Economic Development Corporation. Creating Sustainability through Economic Sovereignty.
Current Job Openings
Administrative Assistant – EDC
$12-$15 an hour, depending on experience and skills – Independent Contractor Position
NO BENEFITS OR INSURANCE
Little River Holdings LLC, an Economic Development Corporation, wholly-owned by the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians in Manistee, Michigan, is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join its dynamic team. This person will provide a broad range of mid- to high-level administrative assistance and coordination for the company and communications that support the immediate and long term goals of management. This person will help maintain a professional office environment that will promote efficiency and support the daily operations and success of the company, assist in the implementation and coordination of accurate financial reporting including working with CPA firm to process payables and receivables, and aid in policies and procedures adherence. The Administrative Assistant will provide organizational and administrative support to management, including, but not limited to, conducting research for team upon request, managing projects and updating management on status, maintaining an organized, well-structured filing system in both electronic and paper forms, and attaining appropriate required signatures and documentation.
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree is required.
• At least three years of proven work experience in mid- to high-level administrative tasks, specifically tasks that are related to running an office. Some specialized experience would include accounting, meeting minutes and agendas, word processing, preparing reports, and professional correspondence.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel, as well as the ability to perform research via the internet, experience in Outlook, and a typing speed of at least 50 wpm is preferred.
• Must be flexible, able to maintain confidentiality at all times, literate, computer savvy, and sensitive to cultural differences.
• Must be able to utilize and demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, and attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
• Must be able to work in Manistee office.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel when needed.
• Specialized experience and/or knowledge in one or more of these areas: real estate management, real estate development, product development/sales, accounting/financial reporting, economic development, and other business-related areas
• Knowledge and/or experience in tribal economic development and/or Indian Country
• The desire to be a part of a ground-breaking organization
• Tribal members encouraged to apply!
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must be able to effectively communicate using written, oral, and computer methods. Must be able to operate office machinery and computer.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time, 1099 Independent Contractor, NO BENEFITS OFFERED
Salary: $12-$15 an hour, depending on experience and skills
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Crystal Newman at email@example.com.