Little River Holdings Careers
Little River Holdings LLC takes great pride in serving the LRBOI Membership and community and we are always seeking outstanding individuals who wish to do the same. New opportunities are updated regularly, so please check back often.
Help build the future of the LRBOI while building your career. Contribute to strengthening the tribal economy and advancing the broader economic and community development goals of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians. Be part of the vision for the next seven generations, be part of the Economic Development Corporation. Creating Sustainability through Economic Sovereignty.
Senior Director of Sales
Little River Holdings
Little River Holdings LLC is the investment enterprise of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians. Our mission is to provide a legal structure built under sovereign tribal laws to house economic development entities (other than the Little River Casino Resort) whose purpose is to create monetary profits and tribal community benefits. Our vision will seek to become the parent economic development entity of the Nation, acting as the direct link between related entities and the will of the Tribal Council and Ogema, wherein profit and/or tribal community oriented businesses will be housed that are integral to the operations, financial health, economic self-sufficiency, and continued existence of the Nation. Our values are the Seven Grandfather teachings: love, wisdom, respect, bravery, honesty, humility and truth.
Little River Holdings LLC is organized as a diversified holding company to invest in, support, and manage businesses that meet our investment criteria in pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Senior Director of Sales position provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. The Senior Director of Sales is a member of the Little River Holdings group of companies management team reporting to the CEO. Little River Holdings managers are flexible, dedicated, and remarkably effective experts in their field of management. They manage the Little River Holdings group of companies for profitability and dedication to the Little River Holdings mission.
As a member of the management team, the Senior Director of Sales will:
- Respect and learn the customs, traditions, and values of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians;
- Make sound decisions and inspire others to skillfully and efficiently perform the mission of Little River Holdings;
- Set and achieve challenging goals for themselves, their staff, and their professional consultants;
- Take proper action in difficult situations and act with appropriate levels of urgency to ensure stability and continuity of business operations and revenues;
- Strive to provide greater value to customers than the competition while also adding value to Little River Holdings as a long-term, viable holding company, inspiring their staff and colleagues to do the same;
- Take calculated risks, persevering as a consummate professional even in the face of failure;
- Have strong communication skills, self-confidence, and effectively listen to the ideas of and promote respectful dialogue among others to empower, inspire, and motivate;
- Embrace a robust and changing business environment with innovative ideas and leadership;
- Enthusiastically embrace Little River Holdings and pursue its mission and goals with vigor;
- Have a genuine interest in Little River Holdings and its long-term success;
- Treat citizens and employees of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians with respect, care, integrity, humility, honesty, wisdom and love (the Seven Grandfather teachings); and
- Adhere to the highest of business ethics and values, leading others by example.
The Senior Director of Sales works very closely with the CEO to provide the type and frequency of analysis and reports which support the CEO in leading Little River Holdings as a profitable holding company. The Senior Director of Sales must be dedicated to the policy set by the Board of Directors, the CEO’s vision and leadership, and the overall mission of Little River Holdings. The Senior Director of Sales must also be flexible, willing to grow with the organization, and play a role in organizing, managing, and growing sales for Little River Holdings.
The Senior Director of Sales is a high-functioning yet hands-on position requiring a person with years of experience successfully managing the components of a corporation, government, or sales force. The Senior Director of Sales is responsible for the Little River Holdings operational organization and reporting on company operations, integrating these functions in a thorough comprehensive reporting system to Little River Holdings. The Senior Director of Sales effectively manages the operations of targeted sales components of Little River Holdings with an entrepreneurial spirit in sync with the CEO’s vision.
The Senior Director of Sales prepares and presents monthly and annual reports to the CEO who relies upon them to make critical financial, personnel, and organizational decisions.
Senior Director of Sales Duties. The following duties represent a sample of work routinely performed by the Senior Director of Sales:
- Examines client needs to maximize business and/or solutions for business concerns; completes a thorough discovery process and performs cost-benefits and needs analysis.
- Leads the development of sales presentations, proposals, and assists in the development of contractual sales documents. Follows Little River Holdings LLC contracting process to assure proposals are approved prior to presenting to client.
- Investigates and analyzes new business opportunities; develops and maintains positive business relationships with potential clients; builds both internal and external networks
- Develops and implements the business plan, budget, and forecasts to achieve sales, market share, hit rate, and market growth targets to attain overall financial goals.
- Researches growth strategies and competitor practices and strategies to evaluate and implement new strategies and complies with all customer relationship management (CRM) requirements.
- Create and execute omni-channel strategies to accelerate growth across selected Little River Holdings subsidiaries.
- Create budgets utilizing analytics, insights, sales planning, and business development for selected Little River Holdings subsidiaries.
- Other duties as driven by organizational needs, professional initiative, and as requested by the CEO.
Senior Director of Sales Credentials. Candidates for the position of Senior Director of Sales -Native Source Procurement Services Division must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, economics, finance, or equivalent experience
- A Master of Business Administration or similar graduate degree is desirable.
- The equivalent of ten years increasingly responsible experience working with tribal government operations and any non-gaming tribal economic development entity wholly owned or majority owned by the tribe or an instrumentality of the tribe and tribal owned casinos, hotels, senior living, and school facilities.
- Direct experience with portfolio-level sales projections, risk management, and managing client relationships, and experience working with national and international sales consultants and advisors.
- Preferred experience in the nutraceutical and/or food industries.
- Skills in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work assignments to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced and changing environment and in completing detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Skills in verbal and written communication of complex information that is accurate, timely, and based on sound judgment, and in making presentations to groups with varied levels of finance and sales procurement knowledge.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, vendors, clients, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Must have excellent analytical and computer skills.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
Valid Michigan driver’s license with the ability to be insured
This position will require at least 60% travel (reimbursed).
The Senior Director of Sales is a direct report of the Little River Holdings Chief Executive Officer.
The Company offers market compensation. Position is an Independent Contractor.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND LETTER OF INTEREST AND RESUME TO CRYSTALNEWMAN@LRBOI-NSN.GOV